Hull Trains will introduce a reduced timetable from December 27th due to reduced customer demand because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The company will continue to run the majority of its services to assist customers with their travel plans over the Christmas and New Year periods. However, the spread of Omicron and resulting uncertainty does mean that there will be some temporary reductions to services.
Hull Trains is not the only provider to be affected, as other operators across the UK railway network are expected to implement similar reduced timetables. The temporary timetable will be reviewed daily, and services will resume should passenger demand increase.
David Gibson, Managing Director, said: “Uncertainty in the market is leading to reduced ticket sales after Christmas and we can already see that demand is falling. As an open access operator that depends on revenue generated by ticket sales, we must respond quickly to these changing conditions.
“After carefully considering every option, we believe that by reducing some of our lightly loaded services, we can minimise overall disruption for passengers.
“For passengers who do wish to travel, our staff will continue to undertake enhanced cleaning on board while trains will be ventilated by our modern air conditioning systems which bring in fresh air from the outside. We are encouraging everyone to follow Government guidelines on wearing face coverings.”
Changes to services from Monday 27th December 2021 until Saturday 12th February 2022
from Tuesday, 28th December:
- 07:27 Monday to Friday only London Kings Cross to Hull will not run
from Wednesday, 29th December:
- 19:08 Monday to Friday only Hull to London Kings Cross will not run,
from Saturday, 1 January:
- 07:27, Saturdays only London Kings Cross to Hull will not run.
From Monday, 3rd January 2022 until Friday, 11th February 2022
- 17:08 Monday to Friday only Hull to London Kings Cross will not run;
- 20:30 Monday to Friday only London Kings Cross to Hull will not run.
From Saturday, 8th January until Sunday, 23rd January 2022:
- trains will be diverted via Cambridge:
- 07:38 Saturdays only London Kings Cross to Hull will not run;
- 10:00 Sundays only Kings Cross to Hull will not run,