As half term steams by, you may be wondering what you could do to entertain the Kids.A few railways are holding some special events to entertain the kids through the half term. The first is the Talyllyn Railway, in Wales. They are holding a party for Peter Sam. This event will be held on the 2nd June 2016
Peter Sam will be hauling a special train on the railway, which will depart Tywyn Wharf at 09:50. This train will take you up the line to Abergynolwyn.
There are plenty of activities to keep you and your family entertained. Here are some of the activities happening on the 2nd June 2016
Activities at Tywyn:
- Llechfan Garden Railway open
- Narrow Gauge Railway Museum will be open for you to climb aboard a real engine.
Activities at Abergynolwyn:
- Miniature train rides
- A puppet show by Doctor Humyar
- Arts and Craft
- Treasure hunt for everyone
- Make your own Badge.
- Face painting
- Balloon modelling
- Shuttle trains with Peter Sam.
- Shuttles between Nant Gwernol and return behind Rusty.
- The playground and picnic area will be open.
Normal fares apply.
The Talyllyn Railway is the owner of locomotives Talyllyn, Dolgoch, Sir Haydn, Edward Thomas, Douglas, Midlander and Tom Rolt which were written into the Rev. W. Awdry’s stories as Skarloey, Rheneas, Sir Handel, Peter Sam, Duncan, Rusty and Ivo Hugh.
There is a special timetable in operation on this day
- Visit the Talyllyn Railway Website
For more information
- View other Talyllyn Railway posts
Here on the RailAdvent Website