september 10 (Friday) - 12 (Sunday)
Keighley & Worth Valley Railway
The Railway Station, Haworth, West Yorkshire BD22 8NJ
Returning for 2021, the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway hold their Mixed Traffic Gala after a popular 2019 event. The event will take place from Friday 10th until Sunday 12th September
Returning for 2021, the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway hold their Mixed Traffic Gala after a popular 2019 event.
The event will take place from Friday 10th until Sunday 12th September 2021.
Friday 10th September 2021
- A diesel-only day with a diesel guest, diesels from the mainline (hopefully) and a selection of diesels from the home fleet
Saturday 11th September 2021
- Mixed traffic day, representing the days when the railways changed from steam to diesel.
- Visiting diesel locomotive will join home fleet locomotives
Sunday 12th September 2021
- Sulzer & Steam – still a mixed day with visiting locomotives providing the diesel traction.
- BR Class 20 No. 20031
- BR Class 37 No. 37075
- EE Prototype D0226 ‘Vulcan’
- Hudswell Clarke Shunter D2511
- Hunslet Shunter No. 32 ‘Huskisson’
- BR Standard 2 No. 78022
- USATC S160 No. 5820 ‘Big Jim’
- Ex-LMS Ivatt 2 No. 41241
- MR 4F No. 43924
- L&Y No. 957 ‘The Green Dragon’ (subject to completion of overhaul)
- Taff Vale No. 85 (subject to completion of repairs)
- BR Class 26 No. 26007 – visiting courtesy of Victor Korzeniewicz
- BR Class 27 No. 27001 – courtesy of the SRPS and Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway
A timetable is yet to be announced but will be added once it has been made available.
Fares & Booking
Fares have yet to be announced but booking opens soon, according to the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway.
RailAdvent has produced a 2 Disc DVD Set of the 2019 Mixed Traffic Gala, available from just £16.99 (as a RailAdvent Plus Member), you also get 3 A4 prints included in the set. More information on the DVD Set can be found by clicking here.
WARNING – Information display on this page was correct at the time of writing, information can change quickly. Please visit the KWVR’s website by clicking ‘Learn More’ button below to check if any changes have been made.