Northern has announced details of its amended timetable in which it will operate this Sunday, 5th April.
The impact of coronavirus continues to be felt across the rail industry, and Northern has had to reduce the number of services it operates on Sundays.
Those trains which are still running are intended to help key workers get where they need to be.
If you do not need to travel – stay at home.
Stay at Home, Protect The NHS, Save Lives
Northern has made a list of lines with a rail service on Sunday 5th April
- Barrow – Manchester Airport: two-hourly service
- Windermere – Manchester Airport: two-hourly service
- Carlisle – Workington: two-hourly service
- Barrow – Whitehaven: two-hourly service
- Blackpool – Manchester Airport: hourly service
- Liverpool Lime Street – Manchester Oxford Road (via Warrington Central): hourly service (fast services suspended)
- Blackpool South – Colne: two-hourly service
- Liverpool Lime Street – Wilmslow (via Newton-le-Willows and Manchester Airport): hourly service terminating at Manchester Airport
- Wigan – Stalybridge (via Bolton): two-hourly service
- Southport – Blackburn (via Atherton and Todmorden) – this service is split: hourly
- Southport – Manchester Victoria service and two hourly Manchester Victoria – Blackburn (via Todmorden)
- Stoke – Manchester Piccadilly: six services in each direction
- Clitheroe – Manchester Victoria via Bolton: hourly service
- Manchester Victoria – Leeds (via Bradford Interchange): hourly service
- Manchester Piccadilly – Chester (via Altrincham): two-hourly service
- Manchester Piccadilly – Buxton: two-hourly service
- Manchester Piccadilly – Sheffield (via New Mills): two-hourly service
- Manchester Piccadilly – Hadfield: hourly service
- Manchester Piccadilly – Crewe (via Stockport): two-hourly service
- Liverpool Lime Street – Blackpool: hourly service between Liverpool Lime Street – Wigan
- Preston – Leeds: two-hourly service
- Lancaster – Morecambe: two hourly rail replacement service
- Leeds – Huddersfield (via Bradford): two-hourly service
- Leeds – Selby: two-hourly service (TPE services to/from Hull also call additionally at South Milford)
Leeds – York (via Garforth): two-hourly service
- Leeds – York (via Harrogate): hourly service
- Leeds – Preston: two-hourly service
- Leeds – Manchester Victoria: hourly service via Bradford Interchange – Leeds –
- Huddersfield services also serve stations between Leeds and Halifax.
- Leeds – Knottingley (via Castleford and Wakefield): Two hourly service
- Leeds – Doncaster: two-hourly service
- Leeds/Bradford – Ilkley: two-hourly service.
- Leeds – Bradford Forster Square: two-hourly service
- Leeds – Carlisle: four services in each direction
- Leeds – Sheffield (via Moorthorpe): two-hourly service.
- Leeds – Sheffield (via Barnsley): two-hourly service
- Huddersfield – Sheffield (via Penistone): two-hourly service.
- York – Hull: five services in either direction
- Hull – Scarborough: two-hourly service.
- Hull – Sheffield: two-hourly service.
- Doncaster – Sheffield (via Rotherham): two-hourly service.
- Sheffield – Lincoln: three hourly service
- Bishop Auckland – Darlington/Saltburn: services at least every two hours
- Middlesbrough – Saltburn: services at least every two hours.
- Middlesbrough – Nunthorpe: six services in each direction
- Darlington – Whitby: morning and evening service in each direction
- Newcastle – Middlesbrough/Nunthorpe: two-hourly service (not all call at Nunthorpe)
- Carlisle – Newcastle: two-hourly service
You can see all the RailAdvent coverage of Coronavirus here.
Get image downloads, Prints and Streaming Video
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements
Visit their website