Northern has announced its planned cancellations this Sunday which passengers will face in travelling on parts of the network in the North West.
The train operating company have apologised for the inconvenience that this causes passengers.
All the planned cancellations will be fully updated on the Northern website and National Rail Enquiries websites and apps overnight. Passengers are being urged to check on Saturday morning for the latest information.
Anyone whose journey is delayed by 30 minutes or more can apply for compensation via Delay Repay. Details of how to apply can be found here.
Here are the planned cancellations:
Manchester Victoria – Blackpool North
- The Manchester Victoria to Blackpool North service will terminate at Preston. Passengers are advised to travel on alternative services between Preston and either Blackpool North or Blackpool South.
- Passengers wanting to travel from Blackpool North to Manchester Victoria are advised to travel on alternative services from Blackpool North or Blackpool South to Preston, where customers can pick up the Manchester Victoria service.
Manchester Victoria – Bolton – Blackburn
- A number of Manchester Victoria – Bolton – Blackburn services have been removed. Passengers are advised to check immediately before they travel and use one of the remaining services operating on this route.
- Alternatively, passengers can use the Blackburn – Manchester Victoria via Todmorden service. Additional rail replacement buses between Bolton and Blackburn have been put in place
Manchester Victoria – Wigan Wallgate (via Atherton)
- A number of Manchester Victoria – Wigan Wallgate, via Atherton, train services have been removed. Customers are advised to check immediately before they travel and use one of the remaining services operating on this route.
Liverpool Lime Street via Warrington Central – Manchester Airport
- Rail passengers are being advised to check immediately before they travel and use alternative services on this route.
Manchester Piccadilly – Hazel Grove
- There will be an hourly service starting and terminating at Buxton. Passengers are being advised to travel on the Buxton services for Hazel Grove.
Have a great weekend all, but remember to check before travelling on either Saturday or Sunday. RMTs strike on Saturday will go ahead.
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
LocoStop – The RailAdvent Community
Come and share your railway pictures
Visit their website