Northern has announced details of cancellations to train services on Sunday 12th August 2018 in the North West.
It is likely that 80 train services will be cancelled tomorrow out of 1,500 train services planned to run.
Northern have chosen the train services to minimise the impact on passengers.
The routes that are most affected are Liverpool, Greater Manchester and Lancashire.
In these areas, engineering works have caused difficulties in short-term notice scheduling of train crews.
Planned cancellations are as follows:
- Liverpool – Manchester Airport cancellations
- Passengers can still travel between Liverpool and Manchester using the hourly Northern service via Warrington or East Midlands Trains services. Tickets will be accepted by TransPennine Express, East Midlands Trains, Arriva Trains Wales and Metrolink.
- Wigan North Western – Liverpool cancellations
- Northern will operate one train per hour between Liverpool Lime Street and Wigan North Western.
- Blackpool South – Colne cancellations
- One train every two hours between Blackpool South and Colne. Some replacement bus services will be available.
- Lancaster – Morecambe – part cancellations
- Two-part cancellations between Morecambe and Heysham Port. Taxis will be provided for customers travelling between the port and Lancaster.
- Manchester Piccadilly – Hazel Grove – cancellations
- Passengers are advised to travel on other Northern trains for Manchester to Buxton.
- Southport – Wigan – Manchester – Blackburn – part cancellations
- Trains will be split into two separate services as follows: Wigan to Southport and Manchester Victoria to Blackburn via Todmorden.
- If you are travelling between Wigan and Manchester, you have the following alternatives:
- Other train services between Manchester Piccadilly (Northern service between Manchester Airport to Blackpool
- Rail Replacement bus between Manchester Victoria and Wigan
What did the officials say?
A spokesman for Northern said:
“We are sorry that our customers continue to experience some disruption to their weekend services. We are advising anyone thinking of travelling on Sunday on these routes to plan their journey carefully”.
- Visit the RailAdvent news homepage
For the latest railway news
- Visit the RailAdvent Shop
For railway related goodies!
- Visit LocoStop – Our New Social Network
Come and share your photo’s and video’s, join the discussion.
Find out what others are sharing
- Visit the Northern website
For more information