UPDATE: Trains now subject to delays of up to 1 hour. Disruption expected until 13:00!
Trains between Luton and London St Pancras International are being delayed this morning due to a signalling fault.
This is affecting East Midlands Railway and Thameslink trains, with trains being cancelled, delayed by 60 minutes, or revised.
Disruption is expected until 13:00 on the 19th January 2021.
According to reports, the signalling fault has occurred between Harpenden and Luton.
Thameslink says that a reduced service is now in place on all of their routes. The operator has also said that stations are very busy, especially Luton, and is asking passengers to choose an alternative route.
Thameslink are severely disrupted and are running as follows:
- Trains between Wimbledon, Sutton and St Albans will operate a reduced service, with long delays possible.
- Rainham to Luton trains will operate between Rainham and West Hampstead Thameslink only.
- Brighton to Bedford trains will operate a limited shuttle between Luton and Bedford.
- Thameslink services between East Grinstead and Bedford will be cancelled.
- Littlehampton to Bedford services will operate between Littlehampton and Haywards Heath only.
- Gatwick Airport to Bedford trains via Redhill will be cancelled.
Thameslink has ticket acceptance with London Northwestern Railway, Great Northern, London Underground, Southern, Docklands Light Railway, Croydon Tramlink, London Buses, Metrobus, Brighton & Hove Buses and some other Thameslink services. Alternative route maps can be found by visiting the Thameslink website.
Replacement buses will be in operation from Luton, Luton Airport Parkway and St Albans to carry passengers between Peterborough, Cambridge and London.
East Midlands Railway is also operating replacement buses between Luton and London St Pancras International.
East Midlands Railway will be operating the following:
- Trains between Corby and London will only operate to Kettering
- Buses have been requested to run between Northampton and Wellingborough
- Cancellations at late notice are expected on ALL intercity routes.
Ticket acceptance for East Midlands Railway passengers is in place with Thameslink, London North Eastern Railway (expected to take up to 2.5 hours to complete journeys), and Avanti West Coast (expected to take up to 3 hours to complete journeys).
Support the website and get member benefits in return
The latest railway news
Railway Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s, books and more
Come and share your railway pictures
UK STEAM INFO
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements