From today (6th July), East Midlands Railway will be introducing a number of extra train services to its temporary coronavirus timetable.
These extra services are part of a nationwide step up in rail services as lockdown restrictions are eased further.
EMR has been carefully monitoring the number of passengers on their network since the pandemic began. In May, the operator stepped up its timetable by 20% – which provided 80% of their regular timetable.
This further step up will provide additional train services where it is required.
Face coverings are still mandatory for passengers and must be worn.
Will Rogers, Managing Director, East Midlands Railway, said: “We are pleased we can reintroduce more of our services from Monday 6th July. With the further easement of social restrictions and the reopening of more leisure and retail businesses we expect customers number to continue to slowly rise. Therefore, it makes sense to introduce more services and more seats ahead of the expected increase in customers.
“We simply ask customers to ensure they bring a face covering with them as they will remain mandatory on public transport alongside this increase in services and follow Government on the use of public transport.”
The following services will be added:
- 0600 Sheffield to London St Pancras
- This now means 13 out of 14 peak-time trains arriving into London now operate.
- 2105 London St Pancras to Nottingham
The following services will be reintroduced:
- 0635 Nottingham to Liverpool Lime Street
- 0951 Liverpool Lime Street to Nottingham
- 0752 Nottingham to Norwich will start from Mansfield Woodhouse at 0707, restoring a peak time service on the Robin Hood Line
- 0738 & 0838 Worksop to Nottingham will each have an additional carriage
All off-peak Robin Hood Line services strengthened to 3-carriages
Get image downloads, Prints and Streaming Video
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Railway Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
LocoStop – The RailAdvent Community
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline UK Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements
East Midlands Railway
Visit their website