National Rail has announced that some of the electric wires in the York area have been damaged and is causing significant disruption for passengers passing through the station.
Train services may be cancelled, delayed by up to 70 minutes or revised because of this damage, causing delays throughout the country.
Delays will affect train services until the end of the day.
Here is the latest news we have available:
2nd December 2019 @ 14:45
Here is the latest travel advice from the rail operators:
CrossCountry passengers may use their tickets on the following train services:
- Northern on any reasonable route
- LNER on any reasonable route
- Virgin Trains services between Birmingham New Street and Glasgow Central and Edinburgh
- Transpennine Express between Leeds and Edinburgh
- East Midlands Railway on any reasonable route
LNER passengers may use their tickets on the following train services:
- CrossCountry between Leeds / York and Wakefield
- Northern between Leeds / Doncaster and Sheffield
- TransPennine Express between Leeds and York
- Virgin Trains between London Euston and Scotland
- East Midlands Railways between London St Pancras and Sheffield with a change for Doncaster
Are you stuck in York during this disruption? Let us know in the comments below!
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements