Sunday 26th May 2019 saw LMS Black Five Locomotive No. 44871 take charge of The Cathedrals Express from Finsbury Park to York via Lincoln Central.
The Cathedrals Express are various railtours which run around the country by Steam Dreams.
Sunday 26th May’s tour would see the tour head from Finsbury Park (in London) to York via Lincoln Central and return to London Kings Cross diesel hauled by a West Coast Railways Class 47 Diesel Locomotive.
The Cathedrals Express on 26th May would see the Black Five head through places such as Alexandra Palace, Potters Bar, Stevenage, Peterborough, Spalding, Metheringham, Lincoln Central, Saxilby, Gainsborough Lea Road, Doncaster & Church Fenton.
Sunday 26th May saw RailView 44871 at Doncaster, passing through at 13:52, 1 minute late.
Info about 44871:
- Designed by Sir William Stanier
- Built by The LMS at Crewe Works in 1945
- She was withdrawn from BR in 1968
- She was purchased directly from BR for preservation by Doctor Peter Beet & Graham Ellis
- In the 70s/80s, she was named Sovereign for a period
- In 2006 she was sold to Ian Riley (Riley & Sons Engineering Ltd) who is her current owner following the death of Peter Beet in 2005
- 44871 often hauls rail tours around the UK and spends most of its time hauling The Jacobite from Fort William to Mallaig & back
See more of videos like this on RailView’s YouTube Channel by clicking here.