Northern has announced details of cancellations to train services on Sunday 6th January 2019 in the North West.
Northern have chosen the train services to minimise the impact on passengers.
The routes that are most affected are Liverpool, Greater Manchester, and Lancashire.
These cancellations are said to be NOT part of the introduction of the new timetable.
Planned cancellations are as follows:
- Preston – Colne via Burnley Central
- No services will not run.
- An hourly replacement bus service will be provided.
- Liverpool Lime Street – Wigan North Western
- The route will be served by the Liverpool Lime Street services.
- Passengers should check immediately before they travel and use alternative services on this route.
- Preston – Hellifield
- All services have been cancelled. A bus replacement service will be provided.
- Southport – Blackburn (via Atherton and Todmorden Curve)
- This service will not run.
- Northern will be running bus replacement services between Wigan Wallgate and Southport and also between Todmorden and Blackburn.
- Manchester Airport – Preston
- There will be no Northern services running between Manchester Airport and Preston.
- Customers are advised to use the TransPennine Express Anglo-Scottish services that will now call additionally at Wigan North Western where they can pick up alternative services.
- Customers can also travel via Northern Stalybridge/Manchester Victoria to Wigan Wallgate services.
Anyone whose journey is delayed by 30 minutes or more can apply for compensation via Delay Repay. Details of which can be found here.