Sunday 9th December 2018 saw LMS Black Five Locomotive No. 44871 out on The Cathedrals Express from London Kings Cross to Lincoln Central and return via the Redwing Line & the East Coast Mainline.
The tour is The Cathedrals Express, which runs around the country by Steam Dreams
This tour was meant to be hauled by Thompson B1 61306 Mayflower but was replaced by 44871 due to still being on test runs at Carnforth
RailView filmed 44871 at Lincoln Terrace (in Lincoln) & Grantham, passing Lincoln Terrace at 12:48 passing 1 minute early, arriving into Lincoln Terrace with ECS for servicing at 12:16 arriving 8 minutes late & Passing through Grantham at 18:40 running on time.
Information about 44871
- Designed by Sir William Stanier
- Built by The LMS at Crewe Works in 1945
- She was withdrawn from BR in 1968
- She was purchased directly from BR for preservation by Doctor Peter Beet & Graham Ellis
- In the 70s/80s, she was named Sovereign for a period
- In 2006 she was sold to Ian Riley (Riley & Sons Engineering Ltd) who is her current owner following the death of Peter Beet in 2005
- 44871 often hauls rail tours around the UK and spends most of its time hauling The Jacobite from Fort William to Mallaig & back
See more of videos like this on RailView’s YouTube Channel by clicking here.
For the Latest Railway News
Christmas Present Ideas
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more in the RailAdvent Online Shop
LocoStop – The RailAdvent Community
Come and share your railway pictures