Recently, we reported that Didcot Railway Centre was to let steam locomotive No. 6023 ‘King Edward II’ see the rest of its boiler ticket out visiting other heritage railways.
Today, the Severn Valley Railway has announced that the steam loco will be visiting the heritage railway for its Spring Steam Gala.
This was previously reported as being the case, but now this has been confirmed over on the railways Facebook page.
Visiting locomotives joining 6023 King Edward
This means that 6023 will join the home fleet of locomotives, plus visiting locomotives of
- LNER B1 No. 1264 (visiting from the North Yorkshire Moors Railway)
- LNER B12 No. 8572 (visiting from the North Norfolk Railway)
- LNER A1 No. 60163 ‘Tornado’ (courtesy of the A1 Steam Locomotive Trust)
- BR Standard 4MT No. 80072 (visiting from the Llangollen Railway)
- Haydock Foundry ‘Bellerophon’ (visiting from the Foxfield Railway)
We hope to be able to make our first visit to the line for this gala, so watch this space!
- Visit the Severn Valley Railway website
For more information