In line with other train operators throughout the UK, c2c is implementing a new timetable from Sunday, 10 December.
c2c operates service through East London and south Essex, and among the changes resulting from the introduction of the new timetable are extra services during peak times and the use of new Class 720 trains on the branch line between Upminster and Grays through Ockendon on Saturdays.
The changes in the new timetable have been made following feedback from customers, and are part of c2c's plans to increase capacity across its network. The main changes to services resulting from the introduction of the new timetable on Sunday, 10 December are as follows:
Mondays to Fridays
- A new service at 07:21 from Leigh-on-Sea to Fenchurch Street;
- A new service at 07:37 from Leigh-on-Sea to Fenchurch Street;
- A new service at 07:29 from Thorpe Bay to Fenchurch Street;
- A new service at 16:48 from Pitsea to Fenchurch Street, which will also call at West Ham.
- Many Upminster to Grays services through Ockendon will be operated by c2c's new five-car Class 720 units.
c2c Managing Director, Rob Mullen, said: “The new December timetable broadly maintains our current service levels across the c2c route but we have added several two new peak trains in the morning to bolster capacity, as well as running our new 720 trains on the Ockendon line on Saturdays.
“We continue to monitor customer levels and we will strengthen our services wherever we are able.”