The Great North Run is taking place this Sunday (12th September) and train operator London North Eastern Railway (LNER) is providing additional services.
Six extra trains are running in the morning to help spectators and runners arrive in Tyneside in plenty of time for the 2021 Great North Run.
Thousands of extra seats will be available, with services running from Doncaster, Edinburgh, Leeds, Darlington and Durham.
Advanced single tickets are available for travel to Newcastle from £7.20 from Darlington, £7.90 from York and £17.30 from Edinburgh.
Passengers can make bookings via the LNER website or App, and tickets bought in advance include seat reservations.
The extra train times are:
- 06:53 from Doncaster, calling at York (07:18) and Northallerton (07:39), arriving at Newcastle at 08:16
- 07:05 from Edinburgh, calling at Dunbar (07:28), Berwick-upon-Tweed (07:55), Alnmouth (08:18), Morpeth (08:35), arriving at Newcastle at 08:52
- 07:10 from Leeds, calling at York (07:41), arriving at Newcastle at 08:45
- 07:20 from Darlington, calling at Durham (07:38), arriving at Newcastle at 07:53
- 07:46 from Durham arrives at Newcastle at 08:03
- 07:54 from Darlington, calling at Durham (08:13), arriving at Newcastle at 08:32
David Horne, Managing Director at LNER, said: “This year’s event marks the 40th Great North Run and after a hugely challenging eighteen months for everyone, many thousands of runners and fundraisers are looking forward to taking part. We’re delighted to be able to offer these extra LNER services to help those taking part and their supporters travel to Newcastle. Our Advance tickets offer great value for anyone wanting to take advantage of our extra services.”
The latest railway news
Railway Discounts, 4k Video, pictures and more!
Signup to our daily and weekly newsletters
Railway Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s, books and more
Come and share your railway pictures
UK STEAM INFO
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements
Visit their website