The Mid-Suffolk Light Railway (MSLR or ‘The Middy’) has announced their railway will be reopening from Sunday 30th of May 2021.
Middy in the War Years
To celebrate the reopening of the line ‘The Middy’ will be holding a special event, Middy in the War Years.
As the name suggests, the railway steps back in time to the 1940s to recreate the atmosphere of the railway throughout World War 2. In normal years this event is the lines most popular event, rightly so with the variety of activities which take place.
Activities and displays include:
- The Home Guard
- German Mountain Troops re-enactment group
- WVS “Make do & Mend”.
- American Women in East Anglia during WW2 Institute
- Home Guard Firearms
- Civil Defenders Re-enactment Group
- A wide selection of WW2 era military and civilian vehicles.
- Firepower demonstrations.
- 2 Trade Stands – Assorted militaria – 40’s clothes, crockery, etc.
- Film: RAF Waddington Berlin Raid
To attend the event you need to pre-book tickets and you can do this via the Mid-Suffolk Light Railway’s website here.
The latest railway news
Signup to our daily and weekly newsletters
Prints, DVD’s, Clocks, Mouse Mats and more!
Enter our latest competition
UK STEAM INFO
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements
Mid-Suffolk Light Railway
Visit their website