Emergency services are currently dealing with an incident between Peterborough and Ely.
Greater Anglia has said that, unfortunately, a person has been hit by a train between March and Ely.
Trains between these stations are currently being cancelled or delayed by up to 60 minutes.
Disruption for CrossCountry, East Midlands Railway and Greater Anglia is expected until 17:00.
Ticket acceptance is in place for CrossCountry passengers with:
- Greater Anglia via any route
- East Midlands Railway between Ely and Peterborough and between Leicester and London St Pancras
- London Northwestern Railway and Avanti West Coast between London Euston and Birmingham New Street
- London Underground via any reasonable route
East Midlands Railway has ticket acceptance for passengers to:
- Travel to London Liverpool Street or London Kings Cross for an EMR service from St Pancras
- This is likely to extend journey times by 2.5 hours
- Travel to London Kings Cross from Ely for an LNER service to Peterborough
- This is likely to extend journey times by 2 hours
- Reservation only travel with LNER
- Passengers from Liverpool, Manchester and Stockport
- Travel to London Euston with Avanti West Coast and change for a train to Peterborough or Ely at London Kings Cross
- This shouldn’t extend journey times
Greater Anglia services between Ipswich and Peterborough will start and terminate at Ely.
Buses have been requested to run between Ely and Peterborough for Greater Anglia passengers.
Support the website and get benefits in return
The latest railway news
Railway Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline UK Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements