Emergency services are dealing with an ongoing road traffic incident at a level crossing between Retford and Doncaster.
LNER has confirmed to RailAdvent that no trains were involved in this incident.
As a result of the ongoing incident, all lines are blocked on the East Coast Main Line.
Trains may be cancelled, or delayed by up to
120 minutes 20 minutes.
Major disruption is expected until end of the day on the 20th of November 2020. Passengers are being advised against travelling and to defer until Monday 23rd November ONLY (Kings Cross is closed on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd).
Ticket acceptance is in place with the following operators:
- Avanti West Coast between Edinburgh Waverley and London Euston
- CrossCountry between Edinburgh, Leeds and York
- TransPennine Express between York, Leeds, Manchester and Edinburgh
- Great Northern between London Kings Cross and Peterborough
- East Midlands Railway between Sheffield and London St Pancras
- Northern between Doncaster and Sheffield
Rail Replacement buses are in operation between Doncaster and Peterborough, Newark North Gate and the South and at Grantham.
More information will be added when it is made available.
20th November 2020 at 17:45
Disruption is getting better, with trains now subject to a 20 minute delay.
The offer of travelling on Monday is still available. You cannot travel on Saturday or Sunday due to engineering work.
20th November 2020 at 13:41
Sad News being reported this afternoon. We are awaiting an official statement from the BTP
The Doncaster Free Press is reporting that, very sadly, a cyclist involved in this incident was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of a car involved has been reportedly been arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving.
20th November 2020 at 13:29
ALL LINES HAVE REOPENED
Trains may be delayed by up to 60 minutes and Major Disruption is expected until the end of the day
20th November 2020 at 12:45
LNER are still amending services, please check before travelling.
20th November 2020 at 12:03
LNER has tweeted to say that the
- 10:02 York to London Kings Cross has started from Retford
- 09:00 London Kings Cross to Edinburgh will be terminated at Newcastle
20th November 2020 at 11:54
LNER has said that the 09:06 London Kings Cross to York service will be terminated at Retford
20th November 2020 at 11:32
LNER have cancelled the following trains
- 11:15 Leeds to London Kings Cross
- 11:36 Harrogate to London Kings Cross
Tickets are valid for Monday 23rd November ONLY
20th November 2020 at 11:22
LNER has just confirmed to RailAdvent that no trains have been involved in this incident. The incident involves road vehicles only.
20th November 2020 at 11:15
A number of changes for LNER, these extra services are running:
- 09:59 Retford to London Kings Cross
- 10:10 Doncaster to Edinburgh
- 10:42 Newcastle to Edinburgh
Support the website and get benefits in return
The latest railway news
Railway Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline UK Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements