Thursday 27th August saw Class 40 40145 take Locomotive Services Limiteds Class 37 37667 from Crewe HS to Barrow Hill LIP and return light engine.
Recently it was agreed that the Class 40 would undergo a six month period on hire to the Crewe based TOC Locomotive Services after recently returning to the mainline for the first time in nearly two years.
This convoy would see the Whistler make one of her first runs on hire to LSL. It is believed that 40145 took Class 37 37667 to Barrow Hill to have a broken axle fixed.
This convoy and light engine movements would see the Whistler head through places such as Stafford, Rugeley Trent Valley, Lichfield Trent Valley, Burton-on-Trent, Derby, Duffield, Belper & Chesterfield.
RailView captured the locomotive on the outward run at:
- Tapton Bridge, Chesterfield, Derbyshire: Passing through at 11:01, 7 minutes late
- Barrow Hill Roundhouse, Derbyshire: Arriving at 11:27, 7 minutes late
The return light engine move was captured at:
- Chesterfield, Derbyshire: Passing through at 12:58, 2 minutes late
- Hagg Hill, Tupton, outside Chesterfield, Derbyshire: Passing through at 13:01, 1 minute late
Class 40 Locomotive info:
- Power Type: Diesel Electric
- Builder: English Electric: 180 Locos. Robert Stephensons & Hawthorns: 20 Locos.
- Built Date: 1958 – 1962
- Total Produced: 200
- Wheel Configuration: 1Co-Co1
- Engine Type: English Electric 16VT MK2
- Horse Power: 2,000 bhp
- Max Speed: 90MPH
- Withdrawn from service: 1976-1985
- Number of preserved: Seven
- Nickname: Whistler
Here are some images of 37667 at Barrow Hill:
Get image downloads, Prints and Streaming Video
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Railway Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
LocoStop – The RailAdvent Community
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline UK Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements