No trains will run between Winchester and Southampton via Eastleigh this weekend due to planned engineering work, with some trains being diverted, and some being replaced by buses.
Engineers will be on site replacing a set of points between 25th and 26th July and will complete the work on Sunday 2nd August.
Passengers are being encouraged to check before they travel, as buses will replace trains between:
- Winchester and Southampton Central
- Winchester and Fareham
- Southampton Central and Salisbury via Eastleigh
The work will affect South Western Railway, CrossCountry and Great Western Railway train services.
Mark Killick, route director for Network Rail Wessex, said: “I am sorry for the disruption this will cause passengers this weekend, however, the work we’re doing is vital to keep trains running reliably through Eastleigh.
“I would advise passengers to check your journey before leaving home, and to travel safely and wear a face covering.”
Alan Penlington, customer experience director for South Western Railway, said, “Whilst these works will be disruptive, they are essential for our railway.
“If you are travelling on these dates, we’d ask that you check before you travel and follow the latest guidance on social distancing and face coverings so you can travel safely.”
There will also be a range of amendments to other train services, including:
- An hourly South Western Railway train service will run between London Waterloo and Winchester.
- SWR services between London Waterloo and Weymouth will be diverted, calling additionally at Guildford, Havant and Fareham.
- On Sunday 26th July and Sunday 2nd August, these trains will depart London Waterloo earlier than normal.
- The SWR stopping service from Romsey to Salisbury via Southampton will only run between Southampton Central and Salisbury.
Get image downloads, Prints and Streaming Video
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Railway Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
LocoStop – The RailAdvent Community
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline UK Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements
Visit their website