The Severn Valley Railway has added Southern Railway Rebuilt West Country Class steam locomotive No.34027 “Taw Valley” to their Adopt an Engine scheme, and they are offering the chance of winning a footplate experience on the locomotive.
With five steam and four diesel engines now available to adopt, the Adopt an Engine scheme is a perfect way to support the SVR during the COVID-19 outbreak across the UK, with additional benefits for steam locomotive 34027 “Taw Valley”.
People purchasing the Platinum package being entered into a prize draw, with the winner receiving a footplate ride on 34027 along with the SVR.
The SVR has five steam engines to choose from are
- Great Western Railway 4900 ‘Hall’ Class No.4900 “Hagley Hall”
- War Department “Austerity” 2-10-0 No.600 “Gordon”
- London, Midland and Scottish Railway Ivatt Class 4 No.43106 (Commonly Known as ‘The Flying Pig’
- London, Midland and Scottish Railway Stanier Class 5 4-6-0 ‘Black 5’ No.45110
- Southern Railway Rebuilt West Country Class No.34027 “Taw Valley”
The SVR has four diesel engines to choose from are:
- Class 50 No.50033 “Glorious”
- BR Class 14 No.D9551
- BR Class 09 No.D4100
- BR Class 09 No.D9107
The Severn Valley Railway then have the choice of four adoption levels with the following rewards:
- Bronze (£30) – Engine certificate showing your adoption, 6″ x 4″ glossy photograph of your engine, SVR Pen and Freedom of the Line Train Ticket (worth £19.55)
- Silver (£50) – Bronze rewards plus SVR Enamel Pin Badge
- Gold (£75) – Silver rewards plus SVR Teddy Bear
- Platinum (£100) – Gold rewards plus another Freedom of the Line Train Ticket (two in total), SVR Mug and SVR T-Shirt or Polo Shirt (“Taw Valley” Platinum costs £150 with all Platinum rewards plus entry to footplate prize draw)
For more information or to adopt an engine, please visit the Severn Valley Railway website here.
Get image downloads, Prints and Streaming Video
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements