The Severn Valley Railway (SVR) has launched an “Adopt an Engine” scheme with lots of benefits to help raise funds for the line during the difficult time caused by COVID-19.
Adopt an Engine
Have a favourite locomotive on the SVR? Then why not adopt it! With Bronze starting from £30, which includes a Freedom of the Line Train Ticket, you also get the chance to ride behind your adopted engine once the line reopens (subject to availability).
There are four engines to choose from, these are:
- Great Western Railway 4900 ‘Hall’ Class No.4900 “Hagley Hall”
- War Department “Austerity” 2-10-0 No.600 “Gordon”
- London, Midland and Scottish Railway Ivatt Class 4 No.43106 (Commonly Known as ‘The Flying Pig’
- London, Midland and Scottish Railway Stanier Class 5 4-6-0 ‘Black 5’ No.45110
You then have the choice of four adoption levels with the following rewards:
- Bronze (£30) – Engine certificate showing your adoption, 6″ x 4″ glossy photograph of your engine, SVR Pen and Freedom of the Line Train Ticket (worth £19.55)
- Silver (£50) – Bronze rewards plus SVR Enamel Pin Badge
- Gold (£75) – Silver rewards plus SVR Teddy Bear
- Platinum (£100) – Gold rewards plus another Freedom of the Line Train Ticket (two in total), SVR Mug and SVR T-Shirt or Polo Shirt
For more information or to adopt an engine now, please visit the Severn Valley Railway website here.
Get image downloads, Prints and Streaming Video
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements