The Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway has sent RailAdvent the following statement regarding their current position they are in surrounding the coronavirus outbreak.
The railway will be open and operating trains on the Dark Blue Timetable.
Are you thinking of heading to the railway? Let us know in the comments below
What did they say?
The Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway said:
“Currently we remain open and operating trains on our Dark Blue timetable.
2Health advice relating to the COVID-19 virus is being regularly revised by the Government and accordingly, our policies and advice relating to minimising risk of infection to visitors and staff will be updated regularly to remain in line with national guidance.”
“Please be reassured that Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway has put prevention measures in place:”
- “We are fully committed at this time to operate a public transport service for our local communities and visitors”.
- “Staff are fully briefed in precautions that they can take to minimise exposure, with appropriate hand washing and sanitisation equipment provided.”
- “All public areas are being regularly cleaned throughout the day with additional cleaning and disinfection regimes in place.”
- “Hand washing facilities and hand sanitisers are available and visitors are encouraged and advised to wash their hands frequently.”
- “We are encouraging passengers on our trains to ensure space and distance between themselves.”
- “We will be postponing the launch of the new first class carriage into service.”
- “We have limited tables in our café to give visitors space from one another.”
- “We will be limiting our menu, increasing takeaway options and will not offer a refill cup policy at this time.”
- “We are monitoring the situation and postponing some key events to minimise customer queues/gatherings in one area. Details will be announced regularly on our social media and news pages”
“We apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
Get image downloads, Prints and Streaming Video
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements
Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway
Visit their website