The signalling equipment at London Euston has today had a fault, which is causing lots of trains to be delayed, cancelled or changed. Here is the latest travel news:
Some lines have reopened following a fault with the signalling system near Queens Park.
Major disruption is still ongoing to journeys to and from London Euston.
It is anticipated that disruption is expected to last until AT LEAST 17:00.
How is this affecting the train service?
Lines have now reopened allowing a reduced service to start operating to and from London Euston.
Some London Northwestern Railway and Virgin Trains services will continue to terminate at alternative stations.
London Overground services are not impacted by this incident, but will be busier than normal.
Alternative travel options:
London Northwestern Railway
Rail replacement buses will operate between Milton Keynes Central and Luton Airport Parkway and also between Watford Junction and Wellingborough to connect customers with alternative trains to / from London St Pancras International.
Customers may also use the following alternatives:
- Virgin Trains via any reasonable route
- Chiltern Railway between Birmingham Moor Street and Leamington Spa / Banbury / Bicester / Aylesbury / London Marylebone
- East Midlands Railway between Crewe and Stoke-on-Trent / Derby and between Derby / Leicester and London St Pancras
- London Northwestern Railway between Bedford and Bletchley, to connect with services to London St Pancras and also between St Albans Abbey and Watford Junction, to connect with services to London St Pancras.
- Great Western Railway between Worcester and Oxford / Reading / London Paddington.
- West Midlands Railway between Worcester and Birmingham New Street and also between Nuneaton / Coventry / Leamington Spa.
- Thameslink between Bedford and Luton / Luton Airport Parkway / St Albans / London St Pancras.
- Southern between Milton Keynes Central and London (Kensington Olympia)
- London Overground between London Euston and Watford Junction
- London Underground via any reasonable route
- CrossCountry between Birmingham New Street and Leamington Spa / Banbury / Oxford / Reading (to connect with GWR services to London Paddington); between Birmingham and Nuneaton / Leicester (to connect with East Midlands Railway services to London St Pancras).Tamworth / Derby (to connect with East Midlands Railway services to London St Pancras); between Birmingham and Wolverhampton / Stafford / Stoke-on-Trent.
Virgin Trains customers may use the following alternatives:
- Chiltern Railways between Birmingham and London Marylebone
- CrossCountry between Birmingham New Street and Reading / Leicester
- East Midlands Railway to / from London St Pancras International
- LNER between Scotland / Leeds and London Kings Cross
- ScotRail via any reasonable route
- Southern between Milton Keynes Central and Clapham Junction, and also between Clapham Junction and London Victoria
- Transport for Wales between Crewe and Chester / Manchester Piccadilly
- ScotRail between Glasgow Central and Edinburgh
- CrossCountry between Birmingham New Street and Leicester.
Have you been caught up in the delays this morning? Let us know in the comments below!
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline Steam Info
The latest info on mainline steam tours/loco movements