The rollout of new overnight trains between London and Scotland by Serco Caledonian Sleeper is now complete.
The Highlander route between London, and Aberdeen, Inverness and Fort William, now features new carriages which launched on the Lowlander route to Glasgow/Edinburgh back in April.
The new carriages offer a number of ticket options for passengers, ranging from new comfortable seats for budget travellers right through to double rooms with en-suite facilities.
Caledonian Sleeper has listed the new options
- Completely new redesigned comfort seats with personal locker, reading light and charging point
- Classic Rooms (solo or shared use with an option of interconnecting rooms, toiletries included)
- Club Rooms (solo or shared use with en-suite, station lounge access, breakfast, luxury toiletries included)
- Caledonian Double (double bed with en-suite, station lounge access, breakfast, luxury toiletries included)
- Accessible Rooms (double or twin, toiletries included and directly adjacent to accessible toilet)
Fares from London start from £45 for comfort seats to over £400 for rooms. The carriages feature Wifi, charging panels and hotel-style keycard entry for the rooms.
What did the officials say?
Ryan Flaherty, Serco’s Managing Director for Caledonian Sleeper, said:
“Our new trains have been years in the making and to see them complete their introduction to service is extremely exciting for everyone involved.
“The Highlander route has always been popular – there’s nothing quite like falling asleep just outside of London and awaking at the foot of the mountains in the Scottish Highlands. With the new service we are sure to see familiar faces continue to make the journey between London and Scotland as well as many new guests enjoy a service which is fit for today’s traveller, combining modern facilities expected with that feeling of nostalgia that comes from long-distance railway travel.
“We have worked really hard to learn lessons from introduction of the trains on the lowlander route earlier this year. We are now confident that all passengers can rely on the Caledonian Sleeper to provide the journey of a night time.”
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Visit their website
Mainline Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements