STAY AT HOME
PROTECT THE NHS
Saturday 15th June saw LNER A1 Pacific Steam Locomotive No. 60163 Tornado take charge of The Yorkshire Pullman from London Kings Cross to Scarborough and return via York.
The Yorkshire Pullman is run by Belmond, who runs The Belmond British Pullman. The Belmond British Pullman are various railtours which run around the country steam and diesel hauled by Belmond.
The Yorkshire Pullman on 15th June would see the A1 Pacific head through places such as Finsbury Park, Hitchin, Stevenage, Peterborough, Grantham, Newark North Gate, Retford, Doncaster, York, Malton & Seamer.
However, due to heavy delays with Tornados water tanker not having any in the tank, cable theft, resulting in a points failure between York & Doncaster, causing the tour to divert around Church Fenton, Sherburn in Elmet, Fitzwilliam & Adwick. And a broken down train near Retford would cause heavy delays on the East Coast Mainline between Retford & York.
Saturday 15th June saw RailView 60163 Tornado at
At York, on the outskirts, passing through at 12:15, on time on the outward leg.
And Doncaster for the return, arriving at 19:14, 85 minutes late and departing at 19:15 86 minutes late. This stop was not scheduled.
Info 60163 Tornado:
- Designed by Arthur Peppercorn.
- Built at Darlington Works by the A1SLT in 2008.
- She is the first UK standard gauge new Steam Locomotive to be built since 1960.
- She hauled her first passenger run (The Peppercorn Pioneer) on 31st January 2019
- She was named by the Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall at York
- In 2009, she starred on Top Gear on their Race to The North with Jeremy Clarkson from London to Edinburgh, coming in 2nd place to the Jaguar XK120 driven by James May.
- In 2009, she also rescued stranded passengers in the snow in Kent, taking them back to London
- In 2017, she hauled the first steam hauled service trains over the S&C since 1968.
- In 2017, she became the first steam locomotive to officially reach 100MPH in preservation, whilst being out on test for certification to regularly run at 90MPH.
- In 2017, she also starred in Paddington 2 alongside LMS Crab, 13065.
- In 2018, she hauled her first 90MPH railtour (The Ebor Flyer) from London Kings Cross to York. However, this did not go well, with the loco having a serious fail with inside valve gear at Sandy, Bedfordshire. She was then taken to the Nene Valley Railway for repair.
- Later in 2018, she returned to steam on the NVR.
- In 2019 she hauled her first tour since her major failure on The Ebor Flyer in April 2018.
See more of videos like this on RailView’s YouTube Channel by clicking here.