Ruislip Lido Railway Gala 2 Disc Set
Click here for details and view the trailer
Saturday 18th May 2019, saw the Great Western Railway Class 43 HSTs bow out long distance services with Great Western Railway.
This day saw four HST sets visit London Paddington, all lining up at a special event for the very last time in service.
The Final Departure was the 18:32, London Paddington to Taunton service, them became the 21:32 Taunton to Exeter St Davids.
This very sad occasion saw Powercars such as:
- 43002 Sir Kenneth Grange & 43189 Driver Stan Martin/Driver Brian Cooper
- 43185 Great Western & 43009
- 43172 Harry Patch – The Last Survivor of The Trenches & 43162 Exeter Panel Signalbox 21st Anniversary 2019
- 43098 Old Oak Common HST Depot 1976-2018 & 43188 The Welshman
In this video, we see the GWR HSTs in there full glory with footage from 2016 to 2018.
Here are a few photos:
This video features HSTs at places such as:
- London Paddington
- Didcot Parkway
- Bristol Temple Meads
- Tiverton Parkway
- Newton Abbot
- Bodmin Parkway
Info about the Class 43 HST:
- Power type Diesel-electric
- Built by British Rail Engineering Limited at Crewe Works
- Built date, 1976-1982
- Total Produced, 197
- Wheel configuration, Bo-Bo
- Engine, Paxman Valenta, Paxman VP185 & MTU
- Power output ,2,250 HP
- Max Speed, 125MPH
- Nickname, HST
See more of videos like this on RailView’s YouTube Channel by clicking here.