Saturday 26th January 2019 saw LMS Jubilee Locomotive No. 45690 ‘Leander’ head from Manchester Victoria to Carlisle.
45690 Leander was hauling The Winter Cumbrian Mountain Express.
We have been sent in this footage courtesy of Matt Lowcock of the Jubilee working hard passed Selside.
The tour was halted at Bolton due to TPWS problems, which caused the train to be diesel hauled between Bolton and Hellifield, but thankfully, the problems were fixed at Hellifield for the run up the Settle and Carlisle.
Information about 45212:
- Built at Crewe works in March 1936
- Named after HMS Leander
- Based at Crewe North Shed until 1947 where it was transferred to Bristol Barrow Road.
- Withdrawn in 1964 and sold to Woodham Bros Scrapyard
- Purchased by the Leander Locomotive Society in 1972 and kept at the Dinting Railway Museum in Glossop.
- Ran on the Severn Valley Railway before being purchased by Dr Peter Beet and restored on the East Lancashire Railway,
- 2008 came and Chris Beet is now owner and is operated by West Coast Railways on the mainline around Britain.
See more of videos like this on Matt Lowcock’s YouTube Channel by clicking here.
For the Latest Railway News
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more in the RailAdvent Online Shop
LocoStop – The RailAdvent Community
Come and share your railway pictures