As 2018 draws to an end and the rail activity slows for the Christmas period, RailView thought what better way to celebrate than to review our memorable moments of 2018.
The video gives an overview of mainline, heritage and preserved railway with some exclusive footage for Railview and some unseen moments.
We’ve visited many locations during 2018 and this video features footage from The Great Central Railway, Chesterfield Station, Doncaster Station, Keighley & Worth Valley Railway, North Yorkshire, The Peak District, Tyseley Locomotive Works and many many more.
Some of our favorite moments featured in the review include:
- B1 1264 & 8F 48151 Crossing over the River Esk on The Whitby Flyer. This clip is taken from the footage as we chased the rail tour from Doncaster to Whitby ending the chase at Thirsk. This was such an amazing day and the loco’s looked fantastic.
- The High Peak Explorer with 45407 The Lancashire Fusilier as scrapped sister engine 45157 The Glasgow Highlander & 45690 Leander. The clip used in the video is taken from footage around Buxton & Chinley in the Peak District, it was a real adventure to chase these locos as you will see from the weather. The snow closed in quickly making for some stunning footage but we were also wondering how on earth we would get home.
- Keighley & Worth Valley’s 50th Anniversary Gala, we use several clips in this film taken from a 3 part series on our Youtube Channel. This event was so special, it celebrated 50 years of the KWVR and we were there to film 50 years to the day that it reopened.
- The return of 6233 Duchess of Sutherland on Roll Out Day. This was a very special day as we have volunteered with The West Shed and the Duchess is a loco close to our heart. The footage used in the clip shows her stunning new LMS crimson lake red livery.
- The Great Central Railways Last Hurrah of the Season. The clips used in this video include exclusive footage of 45305 being prepped in the early hours and footplate footage of her first weekend back in steam since Winter 2016 – we are volunteers with the GCR and also the 5305 Locomotive Association – it was amazing to see 45305 back in action and even better to help prep her.
We hope you enjoy our review of 2018 and look forward to making many more films in 2019.
See more of videos like this on RailView’s YouTube Channel by clicking here.
For the Latest Railway News
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more in the RailAdvent Online Shop
LocoStop – The RailAdvent Community
Come and share your railway pictures