The P2 Steam Locomotive Company has announced that their Motion Club has reached 100 members since it opened in April 2018.
The Motion Club aims to raise £210,000 to manufacture the motion for P2 No. 2007 Prince of Wales.
In order to complete No. 2007 Prince of Wales by the end of 2021, the project needed to order the heavy motion in 2018.
Members of the club receive the following special benefits:
- Opportunity to buy a ticket (seat already reserved) on one of the first trains hauled by No. 2007 Prince of Wales
- Reasonable access to No. 2007 at all times
- Opportunity to buy exclusive Motion Club badge
- Opportunity to join one of the teams building No. 2007
- First choice of other components to sponsor
- Special Motion Club day with Tornado
- Special limited-edition version (signed/numbered) of Stuart Black’s drawing of No. 2007 Prince of Wales
What did the officials say?
Mark Allatt, P2 Project Director and Trustee, The A1 Steam Locomotive Trust, commented:
“We are delighted with the level of support that the project to build Britain’s most powerful steam locomotive has received since its launch. Thanks to our supporters’ continued generosity, well over £3m has now been donated or pledged with half of the required £5m already received.
“We now want to turn our attention to the motion which is our next major manufacturing challenge. Given the level of support The Motion Club has received, we are confident we can raise the additional £85,000 needed to pay for the heavy motion and remain on-track for completion of new Gresley class P2 locomotive – No. 2007 Prince of Wales – in 2021.
“I would encourage all steam enthusiasts who haven’t yet contributed to this exciting project to help us to meet these deadlines by becoming a member of The Motion Club or a monthly ‘P2 for the price of a pint of beer a week’ Covenantor. It’s time to get on board! Next year will see further major announcements as the construction of new Gresley class P2 No. 2007 Prince of Wales gathers pace.”
For the Latest Railway News
Christmas Present Ideas
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more in the RailAdvent Online Shop
LocoStop – The RailAdvent Community
Come and share your railway pictures
P2 Steam Locomotive Company
Visit their website