Virgin Trains is helping people get away at weekends from London by removing afternoon peak restrictions out of London Euston.
This move, which is valid on Fridays from 20th July to 31st August, means that passengers can get away for a last minute getaway or get home earlier to see friends or family.
Those love to bag a bargain last minute, this is perfect for you. A passenger who turns up at London Euston at 4 pm and travelling on the next train to Manchester will see the walk-up fare drop by £125.55.
Based upon research done by Virgin Trains, the following conversations were recorded on social media and the top destinations were:
- Bongo’s Bingo, Liverpool (22%), a larger than life bingo venue
- John Ryland’s Library, Manchester (16%), hosting one of the world’s finest collections of rare books and manuscripts
- Arthur’s Seat, Edinburgh (15%), an ancient volcano with beautiful views of the city
- Chetham’s Library, Manchester (12%), the oldest public library in the English-speaking world
- Victoria Baths, Manchester (7%), a listed Edwardian swimming pool and Turkish baths complex
- Radio City Tower, Liverpool (4%), observation tower with a 360° panoramic skyline
- Kibble Palace, Glasgow (4%), a hidden botanical garden
- The Britannia Panopticon, Glasgow (4%), the world’s oldest surviving music hall
- Mary King’s Close, Edinburgh (3%), a historic building off the Royal Mile
- Back to Backs, Birmingham (1%), the city’s last surviving court of back-to-back houses
What did the officials say?
Sarah Copley, Executive Director Commercial, for Virgin Trains said:
“We know the working week is busy for most, with day-to-day routines often not allowing much opportunity to be spontaneous. We see summer weekends as the perfect time to think a little differently about how you choose to spend time in the UK. Our summer promotion will enable Virgin Trains customers to extend their weekends with ease and be more flexible with their plans. We hope as many people as possible will make the most of their summer Fridays starting that little bit earlier, choosing to travel and explore the many great places we visit along the West Coast with friends and family.”
- Visit the RailAdvent news homepage
For the latest railway news
- Visit the RailAdvent Shop
For railway related goodies!
- Visit LocoStop – Our New Social Network
Come and share your photo’s and video’s, join the discussion.
Find out what others are sharing
- Visit the Virgin Trains website
For more information