Our 6 Disc DVD set featuring over 6 hours of the
50th Anniversary Gala at the Worth Valley Railway
All 6 DVD's for just £39.99
Click Here to View the Trailer
The Keighley and Worth Valley Railway has announced they have 3 places at their 50th Anniversary Gala where you can drive steam locomotive 46100 Royal Scot.
Yes, that’s right, you can have a chance to ride a real icon of steam through Yorkshire countryside past Oakworth, famous for The Railway Children and Damems, the shortest standard gauge railway station in Britain.
46100 is visiting courtesy of Icons of Steam and Locomotive Services Ltd for the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway 50th Anniversary Gala and is operating for three days during the 8-day mammoth gala.
The day for the driver experience is Thursday 28th June 2018, during the Railways Small Engine Gala.
How much does it cost?
The cost of the driver experience is £950 per person. This includes:
- A days ticket for the Special Event day for the participant and 2 guests.
- A trip in the ‘Old Gentleman’s Saloon’ – as seen in The Railway Children.
- An evening meal at Oxenhope’s Buffet Car.
- A full year’s membership to the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway Preservation Society.
- Souvenir certificate and goody bag.
- Your chance to drive steam locomotive No.46100 ‘Royal Scot’.
The day will finish at approximately 9.30PM.
What does the day involve?
On your arrival at the railway, you will collect your Rover Tickets from the booking office and then you can, at your own leisure, enjoy the railway whilst they celebrate their 50th Anniversary.
At 12:20, you are booked on ‘The Old Gentleman’s Saloon’, where you will be served a complimentary Cream Tea whilst you watch the countryside go by. After your Cream Tea, you will be able to enjoy your time at the railway again.
At 16:15, your host will meet you at Oxenhope, and you will be served a meal in the Buffet Car. Here, your host will provide overalls for you, and a safety brief – this is important you attend this as you will learn how to enjoy your experience, safely.
Under supervision, each participant will be able to drive one complete round trip, whilst the other two will be spent experiencing what life was like in a Southern Region Queen Mary brake van.
Upon finishing your experience, you will be presented with a photo certificate and goodies as a reminder of your day.
How to book?
To book your place, call Haworth Admin Office, 01535 645212 between 09.30 and 16.30. There are only 3 places available, so don’t delay in booking your spot!
- The participant must be between 18 and 75.
- If you are older than 75, you must have an acceptance letter from your GP
- You will need stout footwear, preferably steel toe cap boots, not trainers.
- The railway will provide gloves and overalls.
- If for an unforeseen circumstance, such as a locomotive failure, that means that the day cant go ahead, then you will be offered a refund or opportunity to rebook on another day convenient for you.
- Each place must be paid for in full at least 28 days prior to the day of the course. Failure to do so may result in the loss of your place.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
If you do choose to book a place, enjoy it! We will be around the railway filming 🙂
- Visit the RailAdvent news homepage
For the latest railway news
- Visit the RailAdvent Shop
For railway related goodies!
- Visit LocoStop – Our New Social Network
Come and share your photo’s and video’s, join the discussion.
Find out what others are sharing
- Visit the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway website
For more information