The extensive roof repairs have been completed at Corris station on the Corris Railway and have secured the future of the historic railway building.
The work, which has been carried out by local contractor Brian Roberts, has been completed on the Victorian Structure which once housed stables for seven horses, the road coach house, harness room and parcels office of the Corris Railway.
The coach house was added to the building in around 1900 when the Corris Railway began to run horse buses to Talyllyn Lake for tourist traffic.
The original Corris Railway was closed in 1948 by British Railways but the Stable and Coach House Building was partially acquired by the Corris Railway Society in 1969 until 1974 where is gained sole possession.
Various repairs and maintenance jobs have been carried out over the decades, but the most recent work, which involved working through the ‘Beast from the East’ and March’s wet weather, has seen a complete re-roof of the structure that has secured the future of the building.
Today, the building houses the ticket office, light refreshments, and museum and shop. It is open on operating days when the Corris Railway is running between Corris and Maespoeth.
The next operating days of the railway is May 5th-7th 2018.