Greater Anglia has announced that cyclists that will be taking part in the Dunwich Dynamo cycle event in July should be taking note of restrictions brought into use by Greater Anglia to keep services running smoothly.
In order to maintain the punctual service, Greater Anglia will introduce the following restrictions on their network on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th July.
The train operator has implemented these restrictions for previous years.
The restrictions are:
- Saturday 28 July
- A normal number of bikes will be permitted on trains – this being 6 on Mainline services between Norwich and London and 4 on all other routes.
- Sunday 29 July –
- NO bikes will be allowed on trains between Lowestoft, Darsham and Ipswich, and Lowestoft and Norwich. This includes bike frames, bike parts and folding bikes.
- A special timetable will be in operation for Intercity services leaving Ipswich between 0900 and 1500, on which 50 bikes will be permitted to travel on trains to London. A special reservation will be required and can be obtained by clicking here – booking closes on the 22nd July.
What did the officials say?
James Steward, Greater Anglia’s Area Customer Service Manager, said:
“These restrictions are in place for the safety of our passengers and these rules will also help to maintain a reliable and punctual service.
“A no-restrictions policy compromises our ability to operate the normal service, incurs delays and potential missed connections and inconveniences other rail passengers. Our local train fleet is not designed to have cycles piled up in the seating area.
“What we’ve developed is an alternative for users which is the most practical option given the resources available.”
- Visit the RailAdvent news homepage
For the latest railway news
- Visit the RailAdvent Shop
For railway related goodies!
- Visit LocoStop – Our New Social Network
Come and share your photo’s and video’s, join the discussion.
Find out what others are sharing
- Visit the Greater Anglia website
For more information