The Chasewater Railway, in Staffordshire, has announced that on the weekend of June 9th and 10th it will be closed to the public.
The announcement is due to the staging of the Ironman competition, so officials have taken the decision to close to the public for the weekend only!
The Ironman competition one of many triathlons which are held around the UK. The Staffordshire triathlon consists of a 1.2-mile swim in Chasewater reservoir, a 56-mile bike through Lichfield, Burton-upon-Trent and Cannock Chase, and a 13 mile run to Stafford Town Centre.
The Chasewater Railway will be back in action the following weekend.
If you are visiting the following weekend, here are your fares:
- Adults: £6.50
- Concession £5.50
- Child (3-15 ) £4.50
- Family (Family group of 4 – 2 Adults/concessions max): £19.50
- Baby/Toddler 0-2yrs and Dogs travel free (excluding Santa & Halloween Trains)
Why not sign up to LocoStop, our new railway community, to share photos of your visit. Click here to register.
- Visit the RailAdvent news homepage
For the latest railway news
- Visit the RailAdvent Shop
For railway related goodies!
- Visit LocoStop – Our New Social Network
Come and share your photo’s and video’s, join the discussion.
Find out what others are sharing
- Visit the Chasewater Railway website
For more information