The Churnet Valley Railway have announced that they have a role available as a paid member of staff at the railway.
The standard gauge line runs for 10½ miles along the Staffordshire countryside from Kingsley and Froghall to Leekbrook Junction, with extension plans into Leek (more information on that can be viewed here).
The railway carries 70,000 passengers a year and is Staffordshire’s second largest tourist attraction. The railway has an interesting mix of modern and heritage assets.
The position that has become available is On Train Catering Assistant.
The On Train Catering Assistant will be based on the CVRs trains that run throughout the year. Key responsibilities are:
- Operation of our on-train catering trolley service
- Stock management of the trolley
- Handling money
- Age 18 years+ to allow the sale of alcohol
- Strong personality for interaction with passengers enabling sales
- The potential for incentivised sales
- Must be available for weekday and weekend work
The salary for this job is £7.00 per hour.
For further information or to apply please email your CV to [email protected]
If you don’t want to be paid at the railway, but still want to help out, why not learn more about volunteering at the railway? Click here for more information.