Porthmadog LL49 9NF
2019s fundraising express train. This train takes you over the full 40-mile route from Porthmadog to Blaenau Ffestiniog to Caernarfon and back.
This train fundraises for phase 5 and the completion of the Welsh Highland Railway.
Locomotives for this year’s train are to be announced, but expect doubleheaders!
Past Snowdonians can be found below:
Activities and services
- Caernarfon – Currently under refurbishment, booking office, toilets, gift shop.
- Dinas – toilets, request stop, trains stop here to coal up (travelling to Caernarfon)
- Waunfawr – Pub nearby, toilets, car park, nearby campsite
- Rhyd Ddu – Passing point for trains, toilets, many walk paths up Snowdon.
- Meillionen – Request stop, alight or board here if staying at the caravan park.
- Beddgelert – Town shops (really good ice cream shop!), toilets in town, passing point for trains, ticket office.
- Pont Croesor – Request stop, bird viewpoint with the RSPB.
- Porthmadog – Gift shop, toilets, car parking (disabled too), interchange with the Welsh Highland Railway, National Rail station in Town, cafe.
- Minffordd – Passing loop, car park, National Rail station next to the station.
- Penrhyn – request stop
- Plas Halt – Request stop, change here for house and gardens
- Tanybwlch – Cafe, car parking, play area, passing loop (half way on the line), various walks
- Dduallt – Famous loop, walks off from this station, no road access
- Tanygrisau – Request stop, cafe nearby and car park
- Blaenau Ffestiniog – Interchange with National Rail services to Betws-y-Coed, Llandudno Junction and beyond, town centre cafes, toilets, gift shop, and ticket office.
Locos to be announced
Timetables for this year’s train is to be announced soon
Fare information can be found here.
For further information about, please visit the event’s page on the Ffestiniog Railway’s website here
View more events by clicking here