The line closures will allow work to be carried out on the South Wales Metro and will see railway lines from Cardiff Central to Radyr via Fairwater and Radyr to Pontypridd close until Friday the 8th of July.
Rail replacement bus services will be operating with passengers advised to check the latest information ahead of travelling via the Transport for Wales (TfW) website or mobile app.
The line closures will see TfW undertake major transformational engineering work for the South Wales Metro including:
- The installation of foundations for overhead line equipment across Radyr and Cardiff lines
- Signalling installations and upgrades
- Level boarding and track work at Radyr and Treforest stations
- Vegetation clearance and preparation works at Danescourt
- Ground investigation surveys and general maintenance.
The South Wales Metro will offer greatly improved connectivity throughout South Wales and will also bring access to jobs, leisure and other opportunities for the people of Wales by unifying rail, bus and active travel routes.
The huge project is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund via the Welsh Government.
For further information please visit https://tfw.wales/projects/metro/service-changes