The museum hopes to open on additional dates in August, and these will be announced soon. This year also sees the return of its popular Fairground at Night events.
The museum offers attractions for all the family, including a narrow-gauge railway, garden railway, traditional fairground, ghost house, bioscope, steam farm, portable steam, road steam, and trailer rides. All are set in a beautiful location with woodland gardens.
Hollycombe Working Steam Museum is a not-for-profit educational charity, and much of its collection is of national historic importance. One of its charitable aims is to ensure the triumphs of past engineering are kept alive for future generations.
To protect the future of the collection alongside an operational attraction is a delicate balancing act between providing enjoyment and cherishing the collection for the future. Effective protection requires continual reinvestment, which the public opening days help support.
The museum is in a rural location, and as many of the attractions are outdoors, visitors are advised to wear sensible footwear.
Various ticket options are available as detailed below:
Super Saver ticket (advance booking only)
- Adult Saver tickets include one narrow-gauge railway token, one fairground ride token, and one trailer ride token, plus entry to the bioscope and ghost house and access to the steam farm and woodland gardens.
- Child Saver tickets offer the same benefits as Adult Saver tickets, but include two fairground ride tokens.
- Super Saver tickets cost £10 for adults, £8 for children aged 3 to 15, whilst children under 3 go free.
- Adult Standard tickets include two narrow-gauge railway tokens, one garden railway token, five fairground ride tokens, and one trailer ride token, plus entry to the bioscope, ghost house and access to the steam farm and woodland gardens.
- Child Standard tickets offer the same benefits as Adult Standard tickets, but include 11 fairground ride tokens.
- Standard tickets cost £16 for adults, £12.50 for children aged 3 to 15, family (two adults + two children) £43.40 whilst children under 3 go free.
- All Gold tickets include unlimited rides, entry to the plus bioscope and ghost house and access to our steam farm and woodland gardens.
- Gold tickets cost £21.75 for adults, £16.00 for children aged 3 to 15, family (two adults + two children) £54.00 whilst children under 3 go free.
Please check their website for the latest pricing for the different tickets which can be found online here