The Swanage Railway has today announced that GB Railfreight Class 69 No. 69004 will be visiting them this weekend.
As part of the Diesel Gala weekend, the Class 69 locomotive will go on static display at Swanage to raise money for GBRf’s chosen charity, Prostate Cancer UK.
It is expected that the locomotive will arrive at Swanage later today (5th May) and will be static display throughout the weekend.
An intensive timetable will be in operation all weekend with a number of locomotives in operation, including:
- Class 25 No. D7612 (TOPS No. 25 262) courtesy of South Devon Diesel Traction;
- Class 31 No. 31 128 courtesy of Nemesis Rail;
- Class 37 No. 37 703 courtesy of the Harry Needle Railroad Company;
- Class 44 No. D4 Great Gable (TOPS No. 44 004) courtesy of the Peak Locomotive Company;
- Class 46 No. D182 (TOPS No. 46 045) courtesy of the Peak Locomotive Company;
- Class 50 No. 50 026 Indomitable courtesy of PTG Tours.
Appearing at the gala will be two ex-British Railways Class 33 heritage diesel locomotives that are based on the Swanage Railway.