Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity? If so, the Severn Valley Railway might have just the job for you!
They are looking for a Permanent Way Manager to join the team at the award-winning heritage railway.
Opening 50 years ago, the railway welcomes more than 250,000 visitors every year and operates mainly steam-hauled trains on the line between Kidderminster in Worcestershire and Bridgnorth in Shropshire.
The railway employs 150 full and part-time staff and has 1,600 volunteers.
As the Permanent Way Manager, you will report to the Head of Infrastructure and be based at The Engine House, Highley and various other sites on the Severn Valley Railway.
The salary for the role is £28 – 30k per year and includes a generous company pension, on-site parking, travel discounts and subsidised meals.
Full details of the duties and responsibilities of the role can be found via the link below, but include:
- Working with the Head of Infrastructure to maintain a rolling five-year plan for track improvements
- Responsibility for the organisation of the day-to-day maintenance of track and fencing assets to the requisite standards using both paid and voluntary staff
- Ensuring all tools, plant, vehicles and other equipment of the PW Department are maintained and safe for use, returned to storage, and ready for the next job and that they are regularly serviced, retaining inspection reports, and keeping them clean and tidy, inside and out,
- Ensure applicable quality standards are maintained and that all work carried out complies with the SVR Safety Management System and applicable statutory legislation regarding the working environment
You will need IT skills and be able to use Microsoft Office Suite and have a willingness to be trained in the use of power tools and on-track plant and machinery as well as participate in training programmes and skills acquisition to support the role.
Other skills and experience include:
- A thorough technical knowledge of bullhead and flat bottom rail systems including switch and crossing
- A Network or heritage rail background with a sound understanding of a volunteer-supported organisation
- SVR Personal Track Safety Certification (or competency from a similar organisation prior to completing this at SVR)
If you think this sounds like a role you may be interested in and want to find out more about being part of the team at the Severn Valley Railway then for full details and information on how to apply, please click here to visit the SVR vacancy details page.
The latest railway news
Discounts, videos, pictures and more!
Signup to our daily and weekly newsletters
Railway Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s, books and more
Come and share your railway pictures
UK STEAM INFO
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements