London North Eastern Railway (LNER) have announced that their FutureLabs scheme has returned for a second year.
In a bid to find innovations to improve and develop the rail industry, LNER hopes to partner with selected projects and their teams to take ideas to the next level.
Last year, LNER selected five startups to work with and covered things like personalised maps, clean air spaces, and an improved at-seat experience
To be considered for the scheme, ideas must meet certain criteria, these are:
- Revenue Opportunities – whether it’s making the most of assets or finding new ways to create value, how can they make the most of opportunities to generate revenue.
- Smarter ways of Working – finding ways to help people focus on their core purpose and expertise by improving the day-to-day tasks that take up time.
- Better Connections – improving customer and colleague experience and collaboration with partners such as Northern Trains, and across the industry.
The current timescale for FutureLab is detailed below:
- Closing Date for Application – Saturday 1st of May
- Shortlisted Companies Announced – Wednesday 12th of May
- Shortlisted Pitch to the LNER – Wednesday 26th of May
- Programme Running Dates – Wednesday 9th of June to Wednesday 11th of August
- Demo Day – September 2021
To find out more, visit www.lnerfuturelabs.co.uk
Chief Digital and Innovation Officer at LNER Danny Gonzalez said: “Our ambition is to truly transform rail travel for the benefit of our customers and communities. We’re not just talking about micro changes that tinker around the edges. As we build on the success of FutureLabs last year, which introduced a number of creative and new ideas to the rail industry, we are keen to continue to take advantage of some of the world’s latest digital and tech developments to transform ways of working for our people and the experience for our customers.”
The latest railway news
Signup to our daily and weekly newsletters
Prints, DVD’s, Clocks, Mouse Mats and more!
Come and share your railway pictures
UK STEAM INFO
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements
Visit their website