The 82045 Steam Locomotive Trust have released their January 2021 update on building British Railways Standard Class 3 Tank No.82045.
Unfortunately, the current National Lockdown prevents volunteers from carrying out work at the Severn Valley Railway (SVR).
On a positive note, contractors have been able to continue, and are making good progress on a number of components, which can be found below.
- Bridgnorth, SVR – Marking out and drilling rivet holes on the firebox’s throatplate.
- Stephenson Engineering – Progressing on reversing shaft.
- Philip Oldfield Engineering – Manufacturing pins and linkage for regulator valves
- Mallens – Rocking grate mechanism brackets are now machined.
- Vacuum ejectors have also been machined.
The Trust’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) originally planned for April 2021 has been postponed to a later date, which will be confirmed when appropriate.
For more information or to support The 82045 Steam Locomotive Trust in building the 46th member of the British Railways Standard Class 3 Tank Class, please visit The 82045 Steam Locomotive Trust website.
You can read previous updates on steam locomotive 82045 here.
Support the website and get member benefits in return
The latest railway news
Railway Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s, books and more
Come and share your railway pictures
UK STEAM INFO
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements