Merseyrail has announced that extra evening services will run for key workers heading either to or from work.
Yesterday, a new reduced timetable started as a result of the pandemic, with trains operating between 07:00 – 19:00.
This is based on staff availability to provide a reliable service for key workers during the Coronavirus pandemic.
However, following feedback, Merseyrail has worked hard to agree on a limited evening service for essential journeys.
Merseyrail is now able to provide an additional limited service on some lines between 19:00 and 22:00 Monday to Saturday to accommodate better those travelling to or from work.
The additional evening services are as follows:
- Kirkby line
- Additional services leaving Kirkby at 19:13, 20:13, 21: 13 and 21:58
- Additional services leaving Liverpool Central at 19:35, 20:35 and 21:35
- Southport line (Southport to Liverpool Central only)
- Additional services leaving Southport at 18:43, 19:43 and 20:43
- Additional services leaving Liverpool Central at 19:53, 20:38 and 21:38
- Chester line
- Additional services leaving Chester at 20:15 and 22:00
- Additional services leaving Moorfields and terminating at Rock Ferry at 22:41
- Additional services leaving Moorfields and terminating at Chester at 19:11 and 20:56
- West Kirby line
- Additional services leaving West Kirby at 20:01 and 21:31
- Additional services leaving Moorfields at 19:15, 20:31 and 22:01 (22:01 terminates at Bidston)
Please check the Merseyrail website for the very latest information.
Unfortunately, as the situation regarding Covid-19 changes rapidly, it is likely that the timetable will change again in the future.
Get image downloads, Prints and Streaming Video
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements
Visit their website