The Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway has announced that they have received over £8,000 in donations following the launch of their Coronavirus Crisis Appeal and video message, which can be watched below:
Passing £8,000 in donations as of Tuesday the 21th of April, which the railway is very grateful for, more donations will further increase the railway’s chance of survival.
The 2020 season would have seen a number of exciting events, such as:
- Many new and improved special events for everyone to enjoy
- Completion of the overhaul on Hunslet No.2705 “Beatrice” and Class 31 No.D5600
- Three carriages entering to traffic, including LNWR Director’s Saloon and specially adapted carriage for mobility-impaired visitors
- Maintenance and construction work to continue at both Embsay and Bolton Station
- Employing more staff to help improve the railway, including a chef providing meals
For more information or to support the Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway appeal during this challenging time, please visit their website here.
Get image downloads, Prints and Streaming Video
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements