Network Rail has announced that a new stage of public consultations will be taking place on the railway upgrade in West Yorkshire between Huddersfield and Westtown (Dewsbury).
The second stage of consultation to improve the eight-mile stretch of the railway will run from Monday, 16 March until Friday, 10 April.
The work is part of the Transpennine Upgrade. During the consultation, residents will be able to provide further feedback on proposals, which include doubling tracks, electrifying the railway and improvements to stations.
The first round of public consultation on this part of the project showed that 85% of respondents supported the upgrade.
In March, Network Rail will hold eight consultation events in West Yorkshire where people can provide further comments on the upgrade. These will take place on the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, 17 March between 12:00 and 19:00 at Yorkshire Children’s Centre, Huddersfield
- Wednesday, 18 March between 12:00 and 18:30 at Mirfield Community Centre
- Friday, 20 March between 12:00 and 18:30 at Yorkshire Children’s Centre, Huddersfield
- Saturday, 21 March between 12:30 and 16:00 at Mirfield Community Centre
- Tuesday, 24 March between 12:00 and 19:00 at Hudawi Cultural Centre, Huddersfield
- Wednesday, 25 March between 12:00 and 19:00 at Deighton Sports Arena
- Friday, 27 March between 12:00 and 19:00 at Deighton Sports Arena
- Saturday, 28 March between 10:00 and 16:00 at Dewsbury West Community Centre, Ravensthorpe
Anyone who is unable to make an event can provide feedback via the online portal, which can be accessed by visiting www.networkrail.co.uk/TranspennineEngagement.
Get image downloads, Prints and Streaming Video
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements
Visit their website