As Storm Ciara batters Britain, we thought it would be useful to have a page for readers to know where the disruption and flooding is affecting travel.
Storm Ciara has brought 70mph plus winds and heavy rain throughout the country and is now beginning to affect travel on trains.
Current advice from operators is DO NOT TRAVEL unless absolutely necessary, with ticket acceptance in place tomorrow (Monday 10th February 2020).
Here is what has already been announced:
- Leamington Spa – Coventry trains suspended due to tree on line at Kenilworth
- Lancaster to Preston (West Coast Main Line) – FLOODED – NO Avanti West Coast or TransPennine Express trains.
- Embsay & Bolton Abbey Railway – FLOODED – no train service
- Keighley & Worth Valley Railway – FLOODED – no train service
- Rochdale to Hebden Bridge via Todmorden – FLOODED – no train service
- Preston to Blackpool North – FLOODING AT POULTON LE FYLDE – no train service
- Amberley Museum – CLOSED
- Huncoat – FLOODED
- Burnley Manchester Road – Hebden Bridge – FLOODING
- Ipswich to Beccles – shut
- London Liverpool Street – Stansted Airport – trains suspended
- Norwich – Wymondham – tree on line
- Dartford station has been closed
- Bishops Stortford / Stansted Airport – Audley End – tree on the line
- Tree blocking the line at Falconwood station
- A train has struck a large branch near Knockholt
This is a developing story and will be updated when more information is available.
9th February 2020 at 11:35
Southeastern travel update:
A train has struck a large branch near Knockholt
Tree reported on the line at Long field, trains being delayed, further delays and alterations to services expected.
Line blocked through Teynham towards London due to a fallen tree blocking the line.
Damage to level crossing barriers caused by the wind & a tree blocking the line at Chilham.
Reports of a tree blocking the line at Falconwood station, delays and alterations expected
Dartford station has been closed to the public due to risks of debris falling from the building
9th February 2020 at 11:30
A tree is blocking the railway at Kenilworth – West Midlands Railway trains are suspended between Leamington Spa – Coventry
9th February 2020 at 10:52
Greater Anglia has confirmed the following:
- Ipswich to Beccles
- Service suspended due to fallen telegraph pole
- London Liverpool Street – Stansted Airport
- Services suspended
- Norwich – Wymondham
- Fallen tree blocking line
- Bishops Stortford / Stansted Airport – Audley End
- Fallen tree blocking line
9th February 2020 at 10:40
Amberley Museum have confirmed that they are closed today
9th February 2020 at 09:45
Northern has confirmed that Preston to Blackpool trains are now cancelled.
There is also flooding at Walsden which means that no trains can run between Rochdale and Hebden Bridge via Todmorden.
9th February 2020 at 09:33
— Keighley & Worth Valley Railway (@WorthValley) February 9, 2020
9th February 2020 at 09:31
Lancaster to Preston is FLOODED, with no trains running to Scotland until further notice.
⚠️#AVANTINEW:⚠️ Due to reports of flooding between Preston and Scotland, no services are running north of Preston until further notice, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
— Avanti West Coast (@AvantiWestCoast) February 9, 2020
9th February 2020 at 09:01
The Embsay and Bolton Abbery Railway will not be running trains today due to flooding
Get image downloads, Prints and Streaming Video
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements