It has been announced that not one, but two heritage railways are up for sale as their parent company appears on a surveyor website.
The two railways haven’t been listed, but are looking likely to be the Weardale Railway and the Dartmoor Railway.
There is another company within the sale, however, this has not been released.
The Dartmoor Railway Supporters’ Association has said:
We have no concrete information about how the AI and DCC leases – for the line and Okehampton Station respectively – are affected.
Here are the projects up for sale:
PROJECT NORTHERN – The Weardale Railway
- Heritage Railway based in the North East of England
- Turnover of around £650,000
- Assets encompass intellectual property, freehold/leasehold interests, rolling stock and stock/fixtures
PROJECT MIDLANDS – Unknown rolling stock hire business
- Turnover £545,000
- Operates from leasehold premises
PROJECT SOUTHERN – The Dartmoor Railway
- Heritage Railway based in South West of England
- Turnover £465,000
- Leasehold line and stations
- Recognised and respected brand
What do you think of this sad news? We hope that the railways can continue operating into the future. We shall bring you more news as it comes in.
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements