Sunday 19th January 2020 saw the East Lancashire Railway operate LNER A4 Pacific No. 60009 Union of South Africa on normal passenger services.
This is believed to be the last time 60009 would run on the East Lancs before she is withdrawn from service in April.
60009 also appeared on normal services on Saturday 18th January 2020 the day before.
Sunday 19th January saw RailView film the A4 at places such as Bury Baron Street, Ramsbottom, Heap ‘just outside Bury’, Irwell Vale, Burrs Country Park & Bury Bolton Street.
Info about 60009 Union of South Africa:
- Designed by Sir Nigel Gresley
- Built by The LNER in 1937 at Doncaster Works
- She was withdrawn from BR in 1966
- Her original name was Osprey
- Her second/current name is Union of South Africa
- She was purchased by John Cameron in 1966 who is her current owner
Here’s some photos of 60009
Free Pictures, prints and streaming video!
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements