A person has been hit by a train between Sunderland and Middlesbrough / Northallerton.
As a result of this incident, trains are cancelled and/or delayed.
Disruption is expected until 12:30.
This is a developing story and will be updated as and when more information is available.
Grand Central Passengers may use tickets at no extra cost on the following services:
- CrossCountry services via any reasonable route
- LNER services via any reasonable route
- Northern services via any reasonable route
- Transpennine Express services via any reasonable route
Northern passengers may use your ticket at no extra cost on the following services:
- Tyne and Wear Metro services between Newcastle and Sunderland
- LNER services between Newcastle and Darlington
- TransPennine Express services between Newcastle and Darlington
10.35 Middlesbrough – via booked stations – Seaton Carew and drop as required to Newcastle. (Operated by Delta)
Free Pictures, prints and streaming video!
For the Latest Railway News
RailAdvent Online Shop
Framed Prints, DVD’s / Blu-Ray’s and more
Come and share your railway pictures
Mainline Steam Info
Upcoming mainline steam tours/loco movements